eff Monroe is the creator of the MY MODEL BODY® program. He has been a professional model and personal trainer for over 19 years. Some of his past campaigns include Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie & Fitch, The Gap, Versace, J. Crew, Chaps and Polo Sport. Appearing on covers of Men's Health, Men's Journal and even GQ Magazine with Supermodel Heidi Klum. Jeff has written hundreds of exercise protocols and continues to be a certified fitness instructor to all walks of life - from pro triathletes, famed musicians and actors, police officers and fire fighters, military personnel, All-American athletes to World Champion boxers and MMA fighters.
Most importantly, Jeff uses his years of experience to train every day men and women that want to look and feel their best. He gives them the education along with the tools and techniques required to reach their individual goals. Achieving short and long-term health and fitness success by guiding them to find their own "model body."
He is a marathon runner, triathlete; IRONMAN 140.6.
Jeff, what inspired you to create the MY MODEL BODY® program?
My inspiration came from listening to the general public. Year and year I have been hearing the same comments regarding health and fitness. The majority of people have very busy schedules so they broke it down into their top 5 wish list. They want an exercise program that is well balanced, effective, convenient, simplistic and affordable. So I did just that! I call it getting “back to the basics”.
1. Well balanced: A mixture of cardiovascular endurance and strength training exercises, along with stretching to improve flexibility. There is even a wellness packet devoted to nutrition and goal setting. The perfect balance of daily exercise and healthy eating.
2. Effective: The first exercise game of its kind that is school inspired. You get points and even a grade (A-F) that will help you know where you are at and continue to keep you motivated week after week.
3. Convenient: Many hate the drive time to and from a gym or yoga studio. So I developed this game to be completely portable, which gives you an advantage in time management skills. You can now skip the drive time by being able to play anywhere at anytime.
4. Simplistic: The exercise game is broken down into 4 categories – Cardio. Core. Skills. Stretches. Each category has 20 different exercises with separate posters demonstrating proper form. The flash cards have a specific name, time limit and motivational quote. There are even two physical fitness tests that will allow you to see your progress, not to mention, these games are fun to play alone or with friends and family.
5. Affordable: I wanted to make this exercise game so affordable that practically anyone could purchase it. My game is 1/3 the price of others seen on infomercials, not to mention, less than a single personal training session at a gym. I even developed the MY MODEL BODY® TIMER application. Customers can download it at no addition charge at the App Store or Google Play. The shipping and handling to your front door is free too!
|MY MODEL BODY® GAME
|MY MODEL BODY® TIMER FREE APP
Jeff- To live a happy, healthy life is what motivates me to stay in shape. I want to stick around for a long time. Not only for my sake, but also for my family. I want to share in as many life experiences as possible with them. Daily exercise and healthy eating habits will allow me to do just that by staying disease free and vibrant.
Priscila- To have a long happy and healthy life.
How often do you each work out and what is your fitness routine?
Jeff- I work out for 60 minutes per day. That may consist of a 45-minute session or a 75-minute session. But in the end, all my training sessions seem to average out around one hour. I only use my body weight to exercise. I swim, bike and run once per week while using the MY MODEL BODY® Game. I great combination to keep me looking and feeling great!
Priscila- I workout 4-5 times a week. Doing CARDIO, CORE, SKILLS, STRETCHES from MY MODEL BODY® Game, and taking yoga classes, running, biking and swimming .
|JEFF FINISHING A RACE, PRI PLAYING MY MODEL BODY® GAME
Do you watch what you eat?
Jeff- I wouldn’t necessarily say I watch what I eat, but I am definitely aware of everything going in my mouth. I don’t count calories; I just make calories count. To me, it’s a lifestyle. And it needs to be a lifestyle if you want to keep the positive habits long-term. As a certified personal trainer, I already know what most foods contain and how nutrient dense they are. 99% of the foods and beverages that I eat are healthy. Water based foods followed up by a lot of water consumption. You need to make eating and exercising enjoyable if you want it to last. The key is to not over think it. And that’s pretty much what my fitness game is all about: Taking action, keeping it simple and having fun!
Priscila- I can say that I eat everything, but mostly my meals are very healthy (lots of greens, grains, fruits), but if I want to eat some dessert I will eat in small quantities. Everything in balance.
What is your advise to parents juggling kids and staying in shape?
Jeff- My advice is to be consistent. I fully understand the hours seem to disappear throughout the day. Work, spouse, kids… the “to-do” list never seems to end. So in the end, it’s about making you a priority. True wealth is all about health. If you are not healthy, you can’t go to work or take care of your family. Nor can you share in so many other great experiences in life. So make time to decompress, set aside one-hour per day to exercise with the MY MODEL BODY® Game. This will pay off big-time by allowing yourself to get in the best shape of your life.
Priscila-You have to make time to exercise. The great thing about Jeff’s MY MODEL BODY® game is that I don’t need to leave the house to exercise, so if my son and daughther are playing or taking a nap I get it done from home.
Priscila, you look amazing! What was your fitness routine after having your adorable baby boy Major and what’s your advise to other women who have just had a baby and want to get back in shape?
Priscila-First is to respect your body. I gained 45 pounds with my pregnancy, and I knew it wouldn’t come off the moment I had him. I started slow after he was born. I had him via c-sec so I focused a lot on making my core strong again. It’s very rewarding when you start to see results. But just wanting to get your body back is not enough, you need to make it happen.
|PRI PREGNANT AND AFTER THE BABY .
*** Interview by Girl Nesting , visit www.girlnesting.com