By now only if you have been living on Planet Pluto you haven't heard that exercise is good for overall health . Sometimes I feel like a broken record, but I woke up inspired today, so I will list some great reasons people should get more active.
- Helps maintain a healthy body weight and reduces abdominal fat. (muffin-top anyone?)
- Helps increase muscle mass, strength and power.
- Helps maintain bone health and improve join function.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease , coronary heart disease and stroke.
- Reduces risk of diabetes .
- Reduces risk of depression, distress and dementia.
- Improves sleep. (trouble sleeping lately??)
- Improves self-esteem and feeling of energy.
- Improves overall quality of life.
I can tell you the reasons I exercise is all the above. Yes, I do have more energy when I exercise. It's easier to fall asleep , it is very rewarding to see some new muscles that I didn't see it before, it feels good to be stronger , run faster, jump higher ... The truth is, I want to be healthy and in good shape.
If you only pick one of the above reasons to be your inspiration today I will be happy.
By Pri Monroe